Alun Cairns MP is working with UK residents across the world who are trying to get back home.
The advice from the Foreign Office is:
- Abide by all measures implemented by the host nation.
- Subscribe to alerts from the Foreign Office by visiting https://www.gov.uk/world - then selecting your country – then select ‘get email alerts for this topic’.
- Contact your embassy whose details can also be found at https://www.gov.uk/world
- Contact your travel insurer and see what support they can provide. The numbers of individuals around the globe is enormous and the situation in each country is developing very quickly. This is having a major impact on FCO capacity to support.
- Stay in close contact with me and my office so that we can help in any way we can.
New - Peru
Peru is a special case as the embassy has closed.
All constituents should contact UKinPeru@gmail.com alerting the FCO of where they are. This will be the primary medium of alerting constituents.
www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/peru also has info.
All UK embassies are in touch with airlines arranging flights. There are no repatriation flights only commercial.
www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/ followed by the country name will provide info.
All Embassies are arranging commercial flights
There is no email address for other open embassies, constituents should try and call through and expect high call volumes.